Rating: 3/5 cupcakes
Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, oh my! These easy muffins are great in so many ways with one fatal flaw- they are very unforgiving. The recipe for these muffins is from Sally at Sally’s Baking Addiction must be followed to a tee. In an attempt to begin living more sustainably, I substituted buttermilk with almond milk. Ugh! I should’ve known better!! Of course I shouldn’t have messed with acidity in baking.
The good news is they’re still delicious- soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside. They will probably just be a little dry by the time I give them out tomorrow morning.
My word of wisdom to you regarding this recipe:
- Stay true to the recipe- odds are the muffins will still turn out fine if you don’t but if you just listen to Sally, they’ll be perfect.
- Let yourself indulge here- no substitutions will do. Just eat the dairy and deal with it if you can 🙂
- Spray the muffin tin and muffin liners with cooking spray- I know this may seem redundant with the muffin liners in there. Just trust me. Nothing is worse than a seasoned pan and with all the ooey and gooey berries. The more oil, the less time you’ll spend scraping at burnt sugar.
- The 5 minute hot blitz time is genius!!- again, just follow the recipe. Sally know’s what she’s doing here
- Invest in some good turbinado sugar- you won’t be sorry.
Attached is the link to the recipe– go test it out for yourself and let me know what you think.— http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/02/18/master-muffin-mix/