Ever wish you could have ice cream for breakfast? This mocha chip ice cream is your answer! Charged with a healthy dose of caffeine, antioxidants, and potassium, this is a great way to start the day. Furthermore… this ice cream is totally vegan!
Also, this AM ice cream is very adaptable so… don’t like mocha chip? Then feel free to sub out the espresso, cacao nibs, and cocoa powder for your preference of mix-ins for a totally different flavor profile.
Mocha Chip AM Ice Cream
Makes 4 scoops
2 large bananas (frozen and sliced)
1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
3 Tablespoons almond milk (or other nut milk)
1 shot of espresso
2 Tablespoon cacao nibs
- Toss sliced frozen bananas, cocoa powder, espresso, and almond milk in blender.
- Blend well until very smooth.
- Scrape mixture out into a freezer-safe container.
- Stir in cacao nibs. (This is ready to eat now if you fancy a soft serve ice cream)
- Freeze for at least 4 hours (overnight is best)
- Scoop and serve with more cacao nibs on top
*if ice cream is too hard to scoop, microwave ice cream for 15 second intervals until it is easier to manage.