Graham, Coconut, Chocolate, Butterscotch, Pecans, and Caramel (to bind it all together)
This layer bar has fallen straight from heaven! It is a classic southern recipe from Miz Kathi’s Southern Sweetery, where I worked last summer. It is a decadent, ridiculously sinful dessert that every food lover with a sweet tooth MUST try. Not only are these bars delicious, but they are quick and easy- perfect for a party or for baking in bulk.
They were an amazing hit among my high school populations (except for a few complaints about the decadence).
Hello Dolly Bar
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 c. graham cracker crumbs
2 c. sweetened coconut flakes
1 c. chocolate chips
1 c. butterscotch chips
2 c. pecans
2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350o.
- Place butter in 9×13 casserole dish and slip into oven as preheating.
- Remove from oven once butter is melted and stir in graham cracker crumbs. Pat down tightly.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients in dish as listed.
- Pour condensed milk as evenly as possible. (Don’t mix!)
- Bake 30-40 minutes (the longer you bake, the more the sweetened condensed milk will caramelize)
- Cool completely and refrigerate before cutting into bars.